We have retrofitted over twenty regional towns and the practice has undertaken pioneering work in the creation of Australia’s first contemporary ecovillages. We are focused on low carbon footprint design which provides energy descent, renewable technologies and long term ecological frameworks for rural and urban communities.
We have undertaken regional and district-wide environmental planning throughout Australia. The protection of ecological systems is a primary driver in our planning. We write regional strategies, codes and guidelines to protect local culture and local ecosystems.
Critical concerns in our work include:
- Energy-efficient design, materials and systems
- Whole of lifecycle and affordable housing and living places
- Integrated communities which combine work, play and living within walkable precincts
- Water sensitive urban design, including swale and wetland stormwater systems
- Implementation of permaculture and productive land principles and designs
- Zero waste strategies: Re-use, recycling and use of recycled products
- Planning for climate change
- Planning for coastal inundation and increased flooding